ENTRY LEVEL HELP DESK / TECHNICIAN
Fast growing Chicago area-based food service company seeks entry level technician to assist in multiple facets of our growth. You will assist us with hardware and software support at both our stores and our headquarters. The position is primarily “Help Desk” driven but on site field presence will also be required as needed.
In addition to assisting us in continuing to develop and maintain a ticket based support system, you will also be tasked with keeping our POS up-to-date with user access and menu changes.
This position has substantial growth opportunities as we continue to grow and we seek quality ambitious individuals to help drive our growth. You will NEVER be bored working with us.
• Performs remote diagnostics
• Identify and escalate situations requiring urgent attention.
• Record, track, and document the problem-solving process for each request.
• Configures operating systems, company standard programs and application software.
• Perform hands-on and remote fixes, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, and configuring systems and applications.
• Perform preventative maintenance, including evaluating and cleaning workstations, laptops, printers and peripherals.
• Coordinate warranty repairs with approved vendors.
• Commitment to protect confidential company information through multiple policies/technology
• Setup new user domain accounts, e-mail accounts/mailboxes and group membership; image and configure new user workstations and laptops.
• Assuring proper backups of all key systems and maintaining virus protection on all machines.